Monday, January 31, 2011

women rolling

Stephanie has posted a great video about women in BJJ on her Jujitsunista blog. Check it out:



Sure looks like plenty of women enjoy the art, doesn't it? Maybe some of the folks who gave their opinion on this Sherdog thread should watch it :-).

I don't usually go on about women in BJJ. I'm the only one at my school. I very rarely think of being different, and I certainly don't feel awkward. There are funny moments, for sure, but the guys at my school and the other schools I visit are totally cool. I couldn't care less for women only classes for me personally. I just think that more women should take up BJJ, and if women only classes get them started, then I'm all for it. I think the video gives a glimpse of how much BJJ means to those women who not only give it a go, but stick with it. Despite the hardships. Or maybe because?

As for me, BJJ is one of the best things I've ever discovered. I couldn't imagine my life without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment