Monday, November 22, 2010

not training tonight

I feel like I might be coming down with a cold. So I restrained myself and gave class a miss tonight. I'm not coughing and spluttering, but I'm a bit achy, with a vaguely sniffy nose. Last night it was a sore throat.

I knew it, I knew it, when I heard all the coughing and sneezing in the exam hall last week!! Anyway, I'm hoping that by taking it easy today, I will be good to go again soon. At least I'm not in bed or anything drastic.

I was visiting friends on Saturday and after dinner we sat around and talked. As often, I played with the cats and the dog, and Greg loves to take photos of all the silly rubbish I get up to. Here is me annoying poor long suffering Lilac.

I was thinking it's pretty hard to choke a cat from back control.

Aside from not being able to either get a proper seat belt grip or get your hooks in, you really have trouble closing your arm around that little neck.

Cats also didn't read the rules about no scratching...

I suppose if Lilac wore a gi, I could try a cross lapel choke ;-) Ever seen a cat tap?

I know, I know. I'm going to have another beer and watch some UFC. Enough sillyness for one day.

2 comments:

  1. Heh - yeah, I wouldn't tangle with a cat. Though I have heard of people using their dogs to practice on (I guess they tend to be a lot bigger.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, my cat would bite the crap out of my arm if I tried to choke him.

    ReplyDelete